SIZADRAIN SEWER PIPE
Manufactured to SANS specification, Sizadrain Sewer pipe is manufactured to the highest quality.
PVC is the preferred material for gravity sewers worldwide. PVC sewer pipes and fittings are practical and economical. Flexible pipes, like PVC, are regarded as having benefits over rigid pipes when it comes to load shedding. Although flexible pipes have higher deformation than rigid pipes, they have the following benefits:
- Yield under vertical soil load reduces the total soil load as more friction is transferred to the side of the trench.
- The pipe carries relatively less load than the side fill as it yields, i.e. it sheds load to the sidefill.
- The pipe deflects out laterally thereby activating soil support and creating an arching action.
- Yielding of plastics results in stress redistribution across a section, thereby utilising the entire section in load resistance.
PVC sewer pipes and fittings have smooth inner surfaces, which results in low frictional resistance in gravity sewers. Structured wall PVC sewer pipes offer high hoop stiffness and light weight. PVC sewer fittings are available with either rubber seal sockets or solvent cement type sockets. PVC has good UV stability which is enhanced by the addition of additives which improve UV resistance. As a result PVC soil, waste, and vent pipes and fittings are formulated for long term use in direct sunlight. PVC can also be painted for additional protection or aesthetic reasons. PVC also has good resistance to a wide range of chemicals that commonly occur in gravity sewers.
Sizadrain Sewer pipe is manufactured to SANS 791 for Solid Wall PVC Sewer pipe, and SANS 1601 for Structured Wall PVC Sewer pipe. Solid wall PVC Sewer pipe (SANS 791) is available in sizes ranging 110mm – 630mm diameter and in class 51 (100 KPa, normal duty) and Class 34 (300 KPa, heavy duty) stiffness classes. Structured wall PVC Sewer pipe (SANS 1601) is available in sizes ranging from 110mm – 250mm and in stiffness classes in 100 KPa and 400 KPa.
Sizadrain PVC Sewer pipe is distributed by Sizabantu Piping Systems (Pty) ltd though a network of Divisions throughout South Africa. It is also distributed to Southern Africa through Sizabantu Exports, which focusses on countries outside South African borders.
In the “SPECIFICATIONS” column, please add the following bullet points:
- Solid wall PVC Sewer pipe is manufactured to SANS 791 specification.
- Solid wall PVC Sewer pipe is available in sizes 110mm – 630mm diameter.
- Solid wall PVC Sewer pipe is available in stiffness classes 100 KPa and 300 KPa.
- Structured wall PVC Sewer pipe is manufactured to SANS 1601 specification.
- Structured wall PVC Sewer pipe is available in sizes 110mm – 250mm diameter.
- Structured wall PVC Sewer pipe is available in stiffness classes 100 KPa and 400 KPa.